Monday, November 9, 2009

Little Mrs. Young at Heart's Over-the-Top Wish List: Gift #1

For years, Christmas has been less about giving (and getting) gifts in my family and more about togetherness, traditions, and helping others. I do, however, have unfettered dreams about what my wish list would be like if I were married to a gazillionaire and not my can’t-live-without, beloved high school English teacher hubby.

Here’s my #1 Wish List item:

When I'm 80, I’d like to say, “I had a farm in Africa,” like Karen Blixen in Isak Dinesen’s Den afrikanske Farm (known in English as Out of Africa). Now, my dream is closer to reality with the 15 luxury private safari homes being built as a joint venture between Tara Getty and &Beyond (formerly known as CC Africa). Located where the St. Lucia Wetlands meet the wilds of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa and bordering a World Heritage Site. (Now, if my sweet hubby can only win the Mega Millions lottery!) For more info click here: African Homestead

Since that’s so over-the-top, I’ll settle for a second honeymoon in a Forest Lodge at the Phinda Private Game Reserve. Each lodge is nestled deep in the trees and built on stilts that lift it above the rare d
ry sand forest floor. Phinda’s home to seven unique ecosystems and teems with exotic wildlife (oddly, the baby wart hogs were one of my favorite sightings!) and the famous Big Five (lion, African elephant, leopard, rhinoceros, and Cape Buffalo). The twice-daily game drives! The gourmet meals and exquisite South African wine! The sun-downers (cocktails) out in the wild! Seeing constellations in the sky you can never see in the Northern Hemisphere! It’s all heaven and something everyone should experience. For more info click here: Phinda Private Game Reserve

{photo cred: phinda/david ogden, dan brophy}

No comments:

Post a Comment