Friday, July 17, 2009

Little Miss Mommy…Reporting for Diaper Duty!


Little Miss Mommy here, and I want to share ALL my secrets on how to maintain your style and identity while still feeling fully functional as a mom with your new little one.
Here are a few essential items that are must haves any time I even consider leaving the house!

1. A great bag!
It doesn’t even have to be an actual diaper bag just one that will fit all your fabulous baby gear and that will complement your style. I chose one that was neutral enough to be appropriate no matter what the occasion — The Le Sport Sac Stella McCartney Classic Carryall in Moss….it’s long on style as well as all the essential pockets you need to hold everything from bottles to diapers and even your cell phone! I paid a little bit more but it was worth it…this bag has to go everywhere I do.


2. Amy Coe’s “Changing Station” in Chocolate Swirl
This is a self-contained diaper changing system with pockets for holding all the necessities…and it folds down to travel easily in your diaper bag. The cute swirly design keeps it stylish.

3. Amy Coe’s Diapers & Wipes Case
Matches the changing stations and fits several diapers inside!

4. Travel-Size Baby Wipes
I like Pampers brand for sensitive skin. They are unscented and don’t cover up the yummy scent my little girl already has (and the don’t mask my own signature scent!).
SUPER SECRET MOMMY TIP: They work double duty for getting out spit up stains, too!

5. Aquaphor
Just in case baby’s bum needs a little extra TLC…nothing works like Aquaphor to soothe my baby’s irritated skin.

6. Bath & Body Works Look Ma New Hands Hand Lotion with Paraffin
This is the absolute best hand lotion I’ve ever used!
Great for moisturizing post hand washing (which I’m doing constantly now)… It’s not just a diaper bag essential, it’s at every sink too!

7. Soothie Pacifiers
I know that not everyone agrees with the use of pacifiers, but I personally find these to be lifesavers when my little one starts having a public meltdown! My lactation consultant said baby’s desire to suck is almost as strong as her need to feed, and if you’re not opposed I highly recommend these
They aren’t flat like the orthodontic variety, so they won’t flatten your baby’s tongue (which means no funny nipple shape for you post breast feeding…who knew?!).

8. Bath & Body Work’s Signature Collection Fragrance Mist
(Ok, this one’s just for me!)
Right now I have it in White Citrus (perfect for summer).
It’s a great way to travel with fragrance for quick pick me ups on the go and to help mask odors from possible spit up occasions.

9. Bath & Body Work’s Antibacterial PocketBac™ Hand Sanitizer
I love these…awesome for on the spot hand sanitation when you need it most (which is always with baby)…and since it’s such a great mini size, I don’t have to pick just one fragrance!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for visiting!
    hope you keep checking back — anything you'd like to see more of?

    ReplyDelete