Monday, July 27, 2009

The Daily Spritz: Summer Lust

There are 2 things you can put in front of me and I'll squeal "gimme, gimme, gimme" every time: a citrus fragrance and an atomizer.

As I was spritzing my way through the shelves and shelves of C.O. Bigelow fragrances (if you're a fragrance lover and you haven't been to COB, you'll be like a kid in a candy store) I came across a sparkling orange bottle with the most precious little atomizer! And once I spritzed...I was hooked! 

Mandarine Tout Simplement is simply too sweet for words. It spritzes on as a bright, bubbly blend of citrus spiked with ginger. And now, as I sit here a few hours later, the dry notes have taken over and deep cedar notes are coming through and are the perfect balance to the juicy summer top notes. 



This sheer Eau de Toilette is a tart surprise at first mist that fades to a much warmer woodsy gem and it definitely isn't just a summer-only scent — I'd wear this in ANY season as a pick-me-up or to just keep the summer lovin' alive a little bit longer!

Unfortunately, I've got a little sticker shock ($125!!!), so I'll just keep this blotter card nearby 'til it fades away just like summer...

---

UPDATE: Ultimately, I just can't shake this case of summer lust! So, I ordered a sample online (free, but $7 for shipping!). I suppose I'll just stow it away for occasional wear. Too bad the sample doesn't have an atomizer!


{photo cred: l'artisan parfumeur}


No comments:

Post a Comment