Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Little Miss Mommy Goes Back to Work

Little Miss Mommy here, blogging about my first day back at the office!

I have to admit, as much as I absolutely adore my little girl, and as hard as I thought it would be to leave her, I was actually really delighted to be amongst the land of adult interaction talking about and working on, well...work! Not to say child rearing isn't work...but plunging back in head first into the world of your prior self is refreshing after 12 weeks at home with a baby where you are back to square one in the whole learning process!


After a quick shower and a lightning-quick blow dry and flat iron session I fed my baby, grabbed the pre-made diaper bag and whisked out the door to the sitter’s house. Post drop off I sped off to the nearest Starbucks for my necessary cup of joe (a Grande Americano with a splash of soy) and I was off to work. Once I got there and dealt with all the hassles of actually getting back into the work computer systems, cleaning out 12 weeks of email build up and then being bombarded with status reports, I looked at the clock and it was already 5:30 PM! Where did the day go?! (Where do they ever go?!) BUT what I thought was going to be a really stressful day ended up being a delightful one thanks for my amazing co-workers. It was like riding a bike, you just don't forget how to do it...and luckily I love it because I felt a new energy as I was packing up to leave for the day.

But, after the information overload was complete for the day I found myself in a slow jog to my car (in my heels which haven't seen the light of day for 3 months) wanting to get home to my little Winnie Bear. And, now that she's all fed and burped and changed and put to bed, I'm sipping a glass of Red and winding down...but I'm totally psyched to do it all again tomorrow because I know there is sooooo much going on at Bath & Body Works that I'm just dying to tell you all about...

Stay tuned!


{photo cred: Mama Zen}

No comments:

Post a Comment