Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Tried It: The Scrub Trials #1


As I mentioned yesterday, I will be giving a bevy of different body scrubs a rub-a-dub-dub in the tub to find the best way to soothe the super bumpy skin on my arms and legs in a little test I like to call The Scrub Trials. 

{SCRUB #1}
{$13}

I decided to kick off the first day of The Scrub Trials with a bang — or a bubble, I suppose!
After a long, leisurely Labor Day weekend, getting out of bed was NOT coming easy this morning, so as I scanned the scrub lineup, the only one that seemed fitting was the Aromatherapy Energy scrub. Just what I needed to start a sleepy day...a serious BOOST while I suds-ed and scrubbed. 


Here's the lowdown:
* The orange and ginger essential oil blend was exactly what I needed to wake up! Orange essential oil refreshes your senses and relieves tension. Ginger essential oil stimulates and sharpens the mind. The scent totally lingered throughout the day and paired brilliantly with my C.O. Bigelow Lemon Eau de Parfum (citrus double whammy!).

* The suds factor is there, but I was definitely expecting a bigger, bubblier foam, so that was a bit of a letdown... Since I wasn't counting on this as my cleanser though, no big loss. 

* The scrub factor? Gentle.
The exfoliating sugar is very fine and washes away pretty quickly due to the foaming action. 
I noticed a difference in my bumps, sure, but they definitely weren't gone by any stretch (not that I expected one day to cure me!). I still found myself with several larger bumps and they were even more red because I so abrasively tried to scrub them away (Out, damned spot! Out, I say!).

* Bonus points for the squeezy tube — there's nothing worse than having to dig your hand into a jar (or having to open one while your hands are wet and slippery in the shower). 
This one is MAJORLY convenient for squeezing out just what you need to get your scrub on. 

Final Verdict: Overall a great pick-me-up in the morning, but if you're looking for a more intense exfoliator (like me!), keep searching...


{photo cred: bbw}


No comments:

Post a Comment